5 Incredible Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
We all know water is definitely not the most exciting drink to have throughout the day but staying hydrated is so important to help with bodily functions. Ever thought about adding a slice of lemon to your water?
Lemons are loaded with healthy benefits and a great source of Vitamin C. Believe it or not one cup of fresh lemon juice provides 187% of your daily recommended serving of vitamin C along with a healthy supply of potassium magnesium and copper.
Our top 5 health benefits:
1. Supports the immune system: Lemons are rich in Vitamin C, which will help boost your immune system and assist the body in fighting those awful flu symptoms.
2. Aids digestion: Lemons trick the liver into producing bile, which helps keep food moving through your body smoothly. Also helps to relive indigestion and ease an upset stomach. A great natural liver cleanse.
3. Rejuvinates skin - Getting enough vitamin C from your Lemon water will keep the body producing collagen which helps to soothe out those wrinkles resulting in younger looking skin. Result!
4. Helps with weight loss - Lemons contain pectin, which is a fibre commonly found in fruits which will help to keep you fuller for longer and keep those cravings at bay.
5. Freshens breath: The antiseptic qualities in lemon juice help kill off bad bacteria in the mouth by acting as a disinfectant. Amazing!
This little yellow fruit packs a lot of nutritional punch. Make it a point to begin your day with a glass of cold or warm lemon water. We guarantee it will give you that buzz for the day and with all its cleansing and healing effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run.