Carrot Cake Cookies
- 100g Oats
- 90g whole wheat or gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 30g coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120ml pure maple syrup
- 70g grated carrots (peel first)
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup until thoroughly incorporated. Add in the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, stirring just until well combined. Fold in the carrots.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. (If chilling longer, cover with plastic wrap, ensuring it touches the entire surface of the cookie dough.)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and line a baking tin.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 14 rounded scoops on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly using a spatula. (The cookies don't spread very much!) Bake at 180°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.