MEDICINE BALL WORKOUT
Using just 1 medicine ball try this killer AB circuit!
1 Minute rest between rounds
TOE TOUCH x 20
Great for targeting those upper abs.
- Lie on your back and being careful of your lower back, lift your legs until they’re perpendicular to the mat.
- Hold the medicine ball in both hands and extend your arms, so it is directly above your chest. Keeping your legs as still as possible, lift your chest and shoulders off of the floor and reach the medicine ball towards your toes.
- Carefully roll back to the starting position
MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS x 50
Great way to build your core strength.
- Start in a high plank position, put the medicine ball underneath both of your hands.
- Engage your core and then begin to bring one knee in towards your chest, then follow this with the opposite knee.
- Once you’ve got the hang of it, you want to slowly begin to increase the pace while keeping your core engaged, your hips level and your spine neutral.
MEDICINE BALL TWISTS x 20
Perfect all-rounder ab exercise.
- Begin in a seated position with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Grab your medicine ball and hold it a few inches away from your chest.
- Next up, slightly lean back ensuring you keep a neutral spine, and lift your feet a few inches off of the floor.
- Keeping your body centred, twist the ball to your left hip bone and then to your right.
Ensure that your core remains engaged throughout.
WOOD CHOPPERS x 20
Great for strengthening you obliques.
- Stand upright with your feet hip-width apart, a neutral spine and soft knees.
- Begin by bringing the medicine ball up to the right side of your body, fully extending your arms at the top without locking out.
- Bring the ball down and across to the left side of your body, bending your knees slightly rotating your torso.
- You want to finish the movement with the ball at about the height of your left knee.
REVERSE PLANK x 1 MIN
Great way to advance your core workout.
- Get yourself into a high plank position with the medicine ball near your feet.
- Carefully place one foot on top of the ball, ensure your core is stabilised and then place the other foot next to it ensuring that they are balanced.
- Remain as stable as possible and keep your core engaged.
Make sure to refuel with plenty of water and a getbuzzing bar!