Wowbutter, Banana Choc Chip Cookies!
Healthy gluten-free, nut-free, honey-sweetened, oat-based cookies made with Wowbutter, banana and chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural Wowbutter
- 1/3 cup mashed overripe banana (about 1 medium banana)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, ground for 30 seconds in a food processor or blender
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa nibs
- Optional: Flaky coconut, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius with two racks near the middle. Line two baking sheets with baking paper
- Measure out the honey and Wowbutter—I found this easiest to do in a small liquid measuring cup. Add honey to the 1/2 cup line, then add peanut butter until you reach the 1 cup total liquid line.
- Pour the honey and Wowbutter mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the mashed banana and melted butter and whisk until the mixture is well blended. Use your whisk to beat in the egg, scraping down the side of the bowl once it’s incorporated. Whisk in the vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Switch to a big spoon and stir in the ground oats, rolled oats, chocolate chips and sprinkles until they are evenly combined. Drop the dough by the heaping tablespoon onto your prepared baking sheets. I added a few extra sprinkles on top for good measure.
- Bake the cookies, reversing the pans midway through (swap the cookies on the top rack with the cookies on the lower rack) until they’re barely set and just beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 16 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely on the pans. If desired, sprinkle lightly with desiccated coconut now.