Date and Apricot Slices
50g Soft Brown Sugar
50g Plain Flour
150g Pitted Dates
100g Dried Apricots
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1. Grease and Line a small square or rectangular tin and pre heat oven to 150oC.
2. Melt butter and sugar in a bowl. Once melted add flour and oats and mix well.
3. Add the dates and apricots and bicarb to a pan and put enough boiling water to cover half of the dates and apricots. Bring to boil and then turn to a low heat and let the dates and apricots cook through for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add half the oat mixture into the baking tray and flatten down.
5. Pour the date and Apricot mixture over the top and spread over to cover all of the oat mixture.
6. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins of until the top is a light brown.