Raspberry Oat Slices
Delicious, fruity oat slices perfect for a weekend treat or the kids lunch boxes!
25g flax seeds
25g pumpkin seeds
50g organic butter
50g coconut oil
20g coconut flour or oat flour
Makes 10 bars
- Pre heat over to 180C and line a baking tin.
- Blend the oats and flaxseeds together until fine, this will help the mixture stick together better and not go crumbly.
- Melt the coconut oil, butter and honey in a saucepan and add to the dry ingredients. Add the oil and honey mix in stages, stirring well to make sure it is all incorporated.
- Spoon two thirds of the mixture onto a baking tray and press it down firmly into the edges, ensuring it is at least 1cm deep. Bake at 180C for five minutes.
- While it is baking, blitz the raspberries in a blender or mash them with a fork. Add the flour to thicken the consistency, and mix together
- Remove the base from the oven and smooth the raspberry mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining third of the oat mixture on top of the raspberries and press it down gently so it sticks into it.
- Return to the oven for a further five minutes or until brown on top.
- Leave to cool before cutting into pieces.